Friday, October 4, 2013

Celebrating the Word Count


Today I’m celebrating! Time School is over one hundred thousand words and three hundred and fifty pages.

The thing about reaching this milestone that makes it so impressive to me, is the fact that almost every word I type is formed by the hunt and peck method. Pretty funny, right?! AND for the first time in my writing week, I'm averaging 1000 words a day! When I used my hands to type, I flew over the keyboard. Now that my hands don't work, I use my head to direct the mouse to my virtual keyboard and click away...one letter at a time! Check out: http://naturalpoint.com/smartnav/products/videos.html  to see how I operate my computer and write. Someday soon I hope to add actual video of me using my SmartNav and SofType, but this video gives you an idea of how the technology operates. I don't use a click switch or any of the voice operated features, but I love my dwell clicker! My sticker attaches to the bridge of my glasses, not my forehead.

If you know anyone suffering from a disease or a condition where their hands are affected, you may want to mention this to them. It has been an absolute miracle for me.

Enough chatting! I'm off to wrack up more quality words to my count.

No comments:

Post a Comment